Mr. Maudlin opened his architectural practice in 1987. From 1980 to 1987 he practiced with architectural firms in Washington, D.C. He was a Visiting Professor of Architecture for Arizona State University, and continues to serve as a critic for universities in the Metropolitan area. He is licensed to practice architecture in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia.
A graduate of Miami University, Ohio, (Bachelors of Environmental Design and Masters Degree in Architecture), Mr. Maudlin was born, raised, and lives in the city of Washington, D.C., and possesses a personal knowledge and appreciation of the Nation's Capital.
Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, Delaware
- David Maudlin, Architect, Washington, D.C., October 1987 - present
- Principal: projects include residential work, office tenant renovations, embassy projects, and presentation services.
- Perkins & Will, Architects, Washington, D.C., January 1986 - September 1987
- Project Designer: Condominium project, Cambridge, Massachusetts; Hospital addition, Youngstown, Ohio; office and hotel projects.
- Skidmore, Ownings & Merrill, Washington, D.C., July 1985 - January 1986
- Project Architect: Office and hotel, Hartford, Connecticut.
- Martin & Jones, Architects, Washington, D.C., November 1980 - January 1984
- Project Architect: Office building, Clarendon, Virginia; office and residential renovations.
- August 1984 - May 1985 Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- Visiting Assistant Professor: responsible for Third and Fourth Year Design Studios, Basic Design and Freehand Drawing classes.
- 1978 - 1980 Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Graduate Teaching Assistant
- 1980 Masters of Architecture, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- 1978 Bachelor of Environmental Design, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- 1983 Third Place, Western Plaza Redesign Competition
- 1981 Finalist, Albany Historic Foundation Competition
- 1980 Member, American Institute of Architects National Awards Jury
- 1980 Henry Adams Medal, American Institute of Architects
- 1979 Design and Academic Excellence, Architects Society of Ohio
Exhibitions and Publications
- 1994 Book Review, Rural Development Perspectives, Washington, D.C.
- 1989 Design for Living Show, Pool House Addition, Washington, D.C.
- 1988 Department of Architecture Alumni Exhibition, Miami University
- 1986 Arizona Museum of History Competition Exhibition, Tempe, Arizona
- 1983 Western Plaza Redesign Exhibition, Maryland University